2 kg pork shoulder or kasim (slice according to your desired thickness)
300g worth of calamansi juice
Ground black pepper as needed
Soy sauce as neded
Oil for searing
1.5 kg white onions (slice into rings)
cornstarch as needed
water as needed
- Marinate your pork with calamansi and soy sauce. let sit in the refrigirator for at least 2 hours.
- Heat up a pan with any oil of your choice and sear all the pieces of the meat until brown on both sides.
- Return the meat in the pan and add water, remainiing marinade, soy sauce, and calamansi juice.
- Bring to a boil and simmer for 20 mins.
- Thicken the sauce with slurry (water and cornstarch mixture)
- Add the onions, stir, and cooked covered on low fire for 5 minutes.
- Adjust seasoning and serve.
- Kung biglang kulang ang asim at wala ka nang kalamansi, pwede kang gumamit ng sinigang mix. Hindi maglalasang sinigang yan kasi mas lamang pa din ang calamansi.
- Paki tanong sa tindero ng karne na bibilan nyo kung ano yung GOHE. Yun kamo ang ibigay na part sa inyo. Parte din yun ng kasim na medyo mas malambot lang. Palagi yun ang binibili namin.
Written by Ninong Ry